Elastic Band Exercises for Office Workers
Now that you have your new Contour elastic band, its time to get started on the exercises! The exercises has been developed by Marheim Management Consulting to make sure you incorporate variation and movement into your day. This way you prevent tension and pain, during work in front of the computer.
When performing the exercises:
- The following exercises can be performed in sets of 2-3 with 10-15 repetitions
- The exercises are recommended to be performed every other day
- The exercises can be done in addition to other exercises
- The exercises should be performed slowly with the attention to perform the right movements
- The exercises should be performed pain free
- Simple adjustments can be done to perform the exercises pain free if necessary
- The exercises are designed especially towards the health hazards office workers are exposed to
Exercise no. 1
Bow and arrow
- Hold the band on the straight arm in front of you (as if it were an arrow and bow).
- Tighten the elastic by pushing the arm backwards while slightly turning the upper body until the elbow points straight back.
- Hold the position for a few seconds and slowly return to the starting position.
- Repeat the exercise with the opposite arm.
Exercise no. 2
- Attach the elastic band at hip height or higher and stand with your face facing the point of attachment.
- Grasp the band with both hands and slide your arms back with straight elbows.
- Slowly move back and repeat.
Exercise no. 3
- Cross the forearms and allow the lower forearm to rest on the table surface, while the upper forearm rests on top with the handle pointing down.
- Hold the band with each hand.
- Rotate the upper forearm so that the handgrip is pointing up and the elastic is tightened.
Exercise no. 4
Oblique one-arm rowing
- Stand slightly forward, with straight back and slightly bent knees.
- Attach a band under one foot and hold the band with the opposite hand.
- Start the exercise by pulling the shoulder blades together and pulling the knob backwards as far as you can (as if starting a lawnmower).
- Lower back and repeat the exercise.
Exercise no. 5
Dynamic stability shoulder
- Stand with a band in your hands.
- The thumbs should point upwards and the elbows are slightly bent.
- Pull arms up over head and down again with a pull outward in the band.
- When you do this without problems, the elastic can vibrate throughout the exercise.
Exercise no. 6
Band pull apart
- Hold a band in front of the abdomen with approx. shoulder width distance between hands.
- The upper arms are held down along the body with a 90 ° bend in the elbows.
- Rotate the forearms so that the palms point up.
- From this position, move your arms apart and back while pulling the shoulder blades together. There is a rotation about the upper arm. The chest is pushed up and forward.
- Then slowly check your arms back to the starting position.